Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentine's Day + Congratulations Rachel!


Valentine's Day was mellow this year. We like to switch off planning Valentines and our Anniversary because they are so close together and I don't want Ryan to be overwhelmed. Plus I like to make surprises just as much as I like to be surprised. Anyway, I was in charge of Valentine's this year. I knew I would be working late so I decided on a pizza and movie night. I surprised Ryan with comfy PJs for our movie night, we made a heart shaped pizza, and then watched "Moonrise Kingdom" and laughed all the way through.

But the highlight of the night was my little sister Rachel's surprise...a mission call! All of us out-of-town siblings hungout on Google and watched as she opened the envelope and read that she was going to The Philippines! I'm so excited for her.

On a similar note, I was amazed when I read this recent news from the church - 58 new missions! It's incredible. And I always love to see how the work continues to grow and grow in my beloved Peru. They have 2 new missions in what I've always heard were the most beautiful areas in the country. It's a great time to be a missionary and I'm so excited that Rachel gets to be a part of it.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Sarah! That pizza looks amazing... and which mission is your sister going to? My cousin was just called to the Naga, Phillipines mission. Maybe the same one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and I don't think it's the same one - my sister's mission starts with a "T"(that's all I know) but maybe they can be MTC buddies?? I'll have her watch out for Elder/Sister Fausett:)

      Delete