Thursday, January 17, 2013

An Announcement

Ryan and I are expecting a baby! I'm already in my 17th week of pregnancy and this little one is due to arrive on June 24th. Of course we are thrilled and we have had so much fun with all of the preparations: taking the test, dreaming of names, announcing to family and friends, hearing the heartbeat, and on Tuesday we had a very special ultrasound where we discovered that this little baby is going to be a ...girl!

For some reason, Ryan and I always pictured that our first would be a girl so it just seemed to fit. And now that we know the gender for sure, it's so much easier to imagine her in our arms. After the appointment, I could think of no better way to celebrate a girl than to go shopping, so we picked up an adorable pink clearance onesie from Baby Gap and the entire store almost made me melt.

We had fun announcing the gender to our family. Luckily my mom was in Boston to see my little niece, so I took the subway yesterday  into the city to meet her. I bought 4 pink little cupcakes to surprise her at my brother's apartment. He caught a great picture of the moment...


As for the family back home, we had arranged for Laurlee, Ryan's aunt and owner of Cakes de Fleur, to make two cakes: one for my family, and one for Ryan's. She frosted the outside of the cake white and on the inside of the cake, did the middle layer of frosting in pink. Our families were so surprised when they cut in to the cakes. My mother-in-law sent me pictures:




How cute! She was so kind to make them for us and we loved being able to surprise our families. I'll keep you updated on the pregnancy - so far it has actually been a lot of fun, but I can't wait until she finally gets here:)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Sarah! That is awesome news. I'm so excited for you! Little girls are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!!!! I am thrilled for you!! Congratulations! This will be one week-dressed, darling girl! Hope you are feeling well! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete