Friday, March 22, 2013

2 Years

Earlier this month, Ryan and I celebrated our second anniversary. To honor this special occasion we had not just one, but two celebrations. We like to follow the traditional theme for anniversaries and this year was cotton. If you'd like to see some pictures, this is how we celebrated:

The Saturday before our anniversary, in line with the cotton theme, Ryan picked me up at a conference where I was working in Worcester and we took a tour of the American Textile History Museum. As we wandered through, we learned about the history of cotton in the U.S., where it comes from, and how cotton is weaved into the fabrics we use today. And though it may not seem romantic, a lot of what I learned about cotton actually became more meaningful when put into the context of marriage.


I also may have found a few outfits on display from the 1940's that I would have loved to put on my little girl....



After the museum we went to dinner and then finished off the night with a Cotton candy cupcake (I couldn't resist!) from Crumbs Bake Shop. It was perfect.


The day of our anniversary was much more mellow, we both worked, but when we got home we discovered surprise money in the mail, so we went out to dinner at a new favorite restaurant in the area. We had so.much.fun. I love my dear husband, the life we've made together, and our little growing family. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy anni!!!! You two make the best couple, and son-to-be parents!

    ReplyDelete