Monday, June 10, 2013

37 weeks


We've decided to stay right here for our baby's delivery. Her crib is setup, her clothes are folded, her head is down and mama is ready. Our doctor hinted that baby may be getting a little big for my belly so we get to see one last ultrasound tomorrow before her big debut. 

It seems everyone has something to say about my belly - that I'm actually probably carrying a boy, that my baby has dropped and my checker at Walmart said "whoah you're big." as we walked up to customer service. The lady at the temple on Saturday mouthed to me during the session "Are you in labor?" I must have looked uncomfortable.

I'm actually feeling relatively calm at this point. Our visit to the temple on Saturday was helpful and this book did wonders to ease a lot of my anxieties early on. I plan on doing my best to push out this baby without pain meds - mainly because I don't have a lot of experience with hospitals/medicine/IVs and the idea of not being able to feel my legs makes me nervous, but everyone seems to really love epidurals so we'll just have to see.

And this big pile of diapers in our hallway makes me laugh every time I pass by. I guess it's everyone's favorite shower gift and it totally makes sense - we'll probably need them.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! What an exciting month - She's coming! Wonderful photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE'S COMING! WAHOOOOOO! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about her. This is one lucky girl, coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i were there right now!! when is your due date again? i know the end of the month...miss you lots and i hope i look like you when i'm at this point...you look incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete